Surgery and staff
We are a fully computerised practice with 6 consultation rooms, waiting room and admin area. We have a vast array of patient information leaflets available and on display.
Thanks to the generosity of staff and patients, as well as sponsored events we are able to provide diagnostic and resuscitation facilities on site.
Please click here to find out about GPs.
- Practice manager: Jamie Ducker
- Practice nurses: Sr Susan Mitchell RN, PG Cert.
- Advanced Nurse practitioners: Lisa Nicholson RGN MSc and Karen Roe RGN
- Phlebotomist: Annemarie Fry
- District nurse team
- Health visitors
- Community Matron: Helen Pettit
- Midwife and maternity
- Reception and administration: Sheila Hardy (Office Manager) Chris Williams (Medicine Manager). Our admin team is also complemented by Jane, Laura, Tracey, Jodie, Chelsea and Vicki.
The District Nursing Team provides a comprehensive assessment and agreed plan of care. They provide home nursing for patients with limited mobility or severe illness resulting in the patient becoming confined to their home. They also look after terminally ill patients and their families.
Patients are referred to the team by the hospital or GP. Messages can be left for them on 01244 371870.
A Health Visitor is based at Blacon Children’s Centre. They advise on health care of expectant mothers, babies and young children.
A drop in service is available at Blacon Children’s Centre Monday to Friday 9-10am or they can be contacted on 01244 976 225. Home visits can be arranged.
Maternity services are seen by appointment. Our GPs provide antenatal and postnatal services.
Antenatal and postnatal care is also given in your own home. Messages can be left on 01244 390755. If urgent telephone the community midwifery office on 01244 365166.
Reception staff: Our experienced staff have a busy and difficult job. They sometimes have to ask for medical details to help them assess the urgency of your request. Please ask if you wish to speak in a more private area.
At times the switchboard and reception are very busy – we appreciate your patience whilst staff deal with other people’s queries.
- Removal Of Stitches
- Ear syringing
- Travel vaccinations and advice
- Health promotion clinics
- Contraception advice
- Minor illnesses
- Chronic disease management:
- COPD, Hypertension, Asthma, Diabetes, Coronary Heart Disease, Stroke/TIA
Advanced Nurse Practitioner
An advanced nurse practitioner is a nurse who has had extra training at university so that they can work in a different way. They can:
- Make a history of your problem
- Carry out a physical examination
- Make a diagnosis
- Refer you for test or investigations
- Give you a prescription
- When necessary they will refer you to other members of the primary health care team or to a consultant if more specialist care is needed
Page updated: 6 July, 2017